Here’s a great website called IlCalcioeiSocialMedia.it with detailed infographics analysing the use of social media trends like Facebook, Twitter and YouTube for ALL clubs from Serie A and Serie B.
Once you click through to either the Serie A or Serie B page you are presented with links to a detailed infographic for every club.
It was created by students from IAAD di Torino (Istututo d’arte applicata e design):
“Calcio & Social Media is the first official research to study how the Serie A and Serie B Italian football teams use the social media and in particular Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.”
A few interesting stats:
- All Serie A and Serie B teams have an official Facebook account..
- All Serie A teams have a Twitter account, except Catania Calcio.
- 15 out of 22 Serie B teams have an official Twitter profile.
- 14 out of 20 Serie A teams have an official YouTube channel.
- 12 out of 22 Serie B teams have an official YouTube channel.
- Very few teams use Google + (and who can blame them).
Worth noting that the research for the stats used started on 14/03/12 and ended on 17/04/12, so may not accurately reflect the most up to date figures.
Here is the infographic for ‘top 5 Serie A’: