Shwapsies is a new artist sticker collective which has brought together some of the very finest sport-related artists and designers in the world to celebrate the stars of the Women’s World Cup, currently well underway in Canada.
In doing so they have created some spectacular Panini-inspired artwork. They have also created some stickers for the Copa America 2015 in Chile. Regular vistors to these pages will be familiar with many of the designers involved:
- Dave Flanagan (Football Managers, Fluid Football)
- Miniboro / Steve Welsh (F is for Football, The Art of 7)
- Zoran Lucic (Sucker for Soccer, Football Posters)
- Dan Leydon (One Match a Day, Football Philosophies)
- Paine Proffitt (Programme Covers, Calcio Style)
Plus many other quality artists including Richard Swarbrick, Stanley Chow, Dave Merrell, Scot McRoy, Dave Will and Van Hong to name a few.
The stickers themselves vary in design and apperance and are emblematic of each artists unique style, from Dave Flanagan’s striking portrait illustrations to Zoran Lucic’s wonderfully messy grunge-like posters to Paine Proffitt’s classic, vintage look. Wonderful work all round.
Below is just a sample of the stickers released so far, there are many more to come. Click on each to see bigger and to see artist information